I think my face getting darker… but one thing for sure is I notice there are two tones which is quite noticeable… I didn’t have it before and didn’t know how I got it… does it bother me? I’m a woman and… So, I’m sharing some tips I found on how to lighten your skin… women obsession towards brighter skin is …
Dark spots, and freckles, and skin-damage - oh my! Looking to lighten your complexion? Every shade of skin is beautiful, but as we grow older our skin tone can change. Freckles may appear, dark spots can arise, and skin may not be as light as it once was. So, if you're still not ready to embrace your dark side, read on for a few natural whitening tips and tricks.
One of the easiest ways to stay fair is to use sunblock on a daily basis. Find a moisturizer that includes an SPF of 15 or higher and use it every morning after washing your face. Sunblock not only prevents your skin from getting darker, but also blocks harmful UV rays that can cause cancer and premature aging. Remember your hands when applying sunblock, as they are a prime area for age spots.
Exfoliating once a week will remove dead skin cells to lighten and brighten your skin. Mix two tablespoons oatmeal and two tablespoons brown sugar with a quarter cup of milk, and stir until a paste forms. Gently scrub your face, rinse, and moisturize.
Make a Mask
A homemade mask is a great way to lighten your skin and a good excuse to kick back on the couch. Try using one once a week. Use one tablespoon of each of the following; sandalwood paste, lemon juice, tomato juice, and cucumber juice.
- Mix them all together to form a paste.
- Spread the mixture on your face and wait until it dries.
- Rinse and moisturize for a natural glow.
Licorice extract contains glabridin, a component that acts as a natural skin whitener. Apply a thin layer of the extract morning and evening, after you wash your face and before you moisturize. Licorice extract can be found at any health food store or ordered online. Be sure to store the bottle in a cool, dark place to maintain freshness. Note: test a small amount on the back of your arm before using on your face to be sure you do not have an allergic reaction.
Remember to love your skin no matter what color it is. It's a part of who you are and that's what makes you beautiful and unique.
Here are my favourite… home-made;
Home Remedies for Dark Skin
Here are some simple home remedies that you can do to lighten the skin tone and get a lighter complexion. However, they must be done regularly and best results are obtained if they are inculcated as a part of daily routine.
- Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.
- Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.
- Place sliced raw potato on the face. It helps reduce blemishes and other marks.
- Applying turmeric powder along with lime juice removes the tan. Lime juice is a natural bleach.
- Dried orange peels mixed with curd also help reduce blemishes and scars. Wash off this mixture with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Soak 4 almonds overnight. Grind into a fine paste using milk. Apply on face and neck and leave it overnight. Wash with cold water in the morning. Do this daily for 15 days, followed by twice a week.
- A tbsp of gram flour mixed with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.
- Apply a paste of fresh ground mint leaves and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash with cold water, continue for 15 days.
- Apply a mixture of grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Do this twice a day for 15-20 days for best results.
These are something that we knew but a bit hard for me… I’m a typical Malaysian who loves not-so-healthy good foods…
Although there are no particular foods that will lighten your skin instantly, a balanced diet definitely helps by giving your skin a healthy glow. Drinking an optimum amount of water hydrates your skin and keeps it blemish free. Some recommendations regarding diet are as follows –
- Avoid excessive consumption of heavy and oily foods.
- Incorporate whole cereals, pulses, fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Drink at least 4-5 liters of water every day. Water washes out the toxins from the body.
Other suggestions for Dark Skin
Use a good quality sunscreen when going out in the sun to protect the skin from tanning as well as the sun's UV rays.
Be regular and persistent with the home remedies for skin lightening as suggested above.
Jade white skin with naturally rosy cheeks is an ideal for many women. Asian women are especially keen on white skin -- jade white is a classic description of beautiful skin. They spend vast sums on commercial whiteners to reduce skin pigmentation.
Rather than using chemicals and cosmetics, traditional Chinese medicine suggests sustained dietary therapy and acupressure as a way of life. There's an old Chinese saying: "White skin can help conceal 100 other defects in your appearance." Having perfectly white skin has always been an essential of Chinese beauty, though some trendy people like a healthy tan.
According to TCM, white skin with pink cheeks (peaches and cream) is a sign of good health, healthy energy flow and blood circulation. Some healthy people, of course, are born with dark skin and healthy people do tan.
Proper flow of energy and blood not only supports organs but also nourishes the muscles and skin. Insufficient or blocked internal energy can directly cause dark skin.Many Chinese people offer congratulations on good health when they first see someone, saying qi se hao, ("energy color good"), meaning your complexion is good, you have good color.
TCM says you can improve your color by eating certain herbs and foods and applying acupressure. This will increase blood circulation and energy. Poor color resulting from liver disease, diabetes, wasting and malnutrition requires a doctor's care.A popular prescription for white skin is san bai tang (three white soup) made from bai shao (white peony root), bai shu (white atractylodes), bai fu ling (white tuckahoe) and liquorice. This is recommended in "Yi Yao Ru Men" ("Introduction to Medicine") by Li Chan in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644).It was originally used to counteract weakness and irritation due to typhoid, but people found that it also whitened and nourished skin.
By reinforcing energy and blood, san bai tang can help relieve rough, dark skin and patches of pigmentation on the face.
Some foods, especially vegetables, can also promote white skin. As recorded in "Ben Cao Gang Mu" ("Materia Medica Outline"), peas can help lighten skin and give it luster. Other whiteners: gou qi (wolf berries), pearl barley, hawthorn, lily root, soybean milk, tomatoes, green peppers, asparagus, cucumber, white turnips, white guard, white fungus, walnuts and almonds. These should be eaten regularly as part of the diet.
Acupressure, too, can help improve energy flow, especially after bathing when the skin is flushed, and capillaries have brought blood to the surface. This needs to become part of your daily routine.
based on the above and few more articles I read, the are few from the kitchen item which are said to be great to have a lighter skin… soybean milk, tomatoes, cucumber, honey, almonds, oatmeal, potato and turmeric. Also, drinks a lot of water.
chow... I've a skin to lighten... :)