I found an article that gave 10 ways to live below/within your means…
1. Redefine your definition of ‘rich’ – rich shouldn’t be define as driving the most expensive car but having enough money to meet the basic needs, a few of your wants and be able to give some to others
2. Borrow & Share – borrow a DVD from friends and vice versa… instead of buying & renting…
3. Avoid the mall – need I say more? Ask any shopaholics you know…
4. Buy cash – (READ; your own cash…) you can’t spend money you don’t have… Debit cards? You can go over your account balance.
5. Find a better deal – compare
6. Stick to a long-term investment strategy – spread your investment over several mutual funds and a few individual stocks.
7. Stay healthy! – Medical problems drain your bank accounts
8. Prepare for a rainy days – life isn’t always about roses and cupcakes! LOL!!
9. Avoid impulse buying – buy things you really need.
10. Time is money – manage your time properly. Focus on tasks that give you the absolute most return.